Mooli ke Patton ki Sabzi|Stir Fry Radish Greens with Beetroot
This is very simple and nutritious vegetable. Most of the times we throw away the leaves and use only mooli root to make sabzi or parantha. In this recipe, we use all the green leaves and makes a delicious and healthy dish. I always buy moolis which have less roots and more greens. This Sabzi is stir fried in mustard oil with tomatoes and green chilies. You can use both tender white roots as well as green leaves for sabzi. Please note the greens and white roots should be tender.
- Radish Greens- 300gms
- 2 medium size White Radish(Mooli), peeled and sliced
- 1 medium size Beetroot (Chukandar), peeled and sliced
- Onions- 2 chopped
- 1 tomato- pureed
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida powder (hing)- ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- ½ teaspoon
- Degi Mirch powder- ½ teaspoon
- Green Chilies- 2-3
- Mustard oil- 2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
1. Wash the radish greens thoroughly with water and finely chop them.
2. Rinse and peel the white radish and beetroot and cut them in slices.
3. Heat the mustard oil in a pan and stir fry white radish and beetroot till they turn golden brown. Turn off the heat and keep fried radish and beetroot aside in a plate.
4. Remove the extra oil from the pan and add the cumin seeds and hing. When it splutters, add chopped onions and green chilies.
5. Saute the onions till they are translucent. Then, add tomato puree, turmeric powder, degi mirch powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Put fried white radish and beetroot in the masala mix and then add finely chopped radish leaves. Mix well and sauté the leaves for 4-5 mins.
7. Cover the pan and let the sabzi cook on low flame. Keep stirring constantly so that it does not stick to the pan.
8. When the radish sabzi gets completely cooked, take it off the fire.
Serve it hot with chapati, parantha or steamed rice 🙂